The Gunk new Game News
So, I saw on my Twitter feed this new game coming to the Xbox Game Pass and Windows 10 PC’s. The title is GUNK and it is developed by Thunderful Development who is also the publisher. Naturally, I must see more of this interesting title and will share with you the details.
What is The Gunk?
From the trailer alone which I will show you below. The Gunk looks to be an intergalactic adventure where two space haulers struggling to make ends meet. Until they stumble upon an untouched planet populated with life. Their intentions are to gather alien plants and other valuable resources, but it seems they stumbled upon something dire.
This symbiotic thing which I assuming they are calling “The Gunk” is consuming or overtaking the planet. It also seems it is mutating the creatures as well. However, it seems you have the tools to handle the gunk with this special vacuum glove as it is hazardous to the touch. It is up to you to cleanse this planet of this substance and hopefully get out of it alive.
I am late to the game since this trailer was shown late last year and is scheduled to release in September 2021. Seems like The Gunk is in good hands since this is coming from the same people that made the SteamWorld franchise.
“Embark on an all-new adventure in a vast and exotic world where you’ll encounter terrifying enemies and challenging puzzles on your quest to unravel the mystery of a forgotten planet while saving it in the process.”
Save a dying planet from a slimy parasite, and restore it to its exuberant past.
- Take it upon yourself to rid the planet of gunk, salvage what lies beneath and save its inhabitants.
Master your power glove.
- Absorb the training gunk and use it.
- Manipulate the environment and then craft what you find to your advantage.
Fight corrupted monsters.
- Do they have access to gunk? Are they alone or in a pack? Can I use nearby objects or can they be used against me?
- As nature heals you get access to larger areas of the planet, and can unearth the story behind its demise.
And take a stand.
- Why did you come here? To save this dying planet or to strip it of its resources, and then leave?
Okay, that last one felt like a personal attack, but I am okay with it. Either way, this is just a quick news report which we now have this game on our radar. The Gunk is scheduled to release next month September. – Beast Out –