Modern Warfare Tactical Map Intel Released
Greeting soldier, not sure if you saw this intel as of 15:15 today. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is getting a new map for you soldiers to have some playtime in. Apparently this has been under construction since 2011, hence the name Hardhat. This will be your breakdown of this classic and fun construction site where you will traverse and conquer.
“The only truth I found is that the world we live in is a giant tinderbox. All it takes…is someone to light the match.” – Captain John Price, Call of Duty®: MW3
We have not seen this map since Call of Duty: MW 3. Hardhat is back baby and this is a great call for both veterans and newcomers. This is going to be a fast-paced experience from what I remember and I met a lot of my friends on that map.
Whether it’s locking down the Bulldozer to hold an important objective flag, or smoking out Operators skulking within pipes, Hardhat looks like a CQB player’s paradise with tight corners and two main interior chokepoints. However, mid-range builds and sharpshooters alike can take over the map by finding key lines of sight to command lanes and force action elsewhere.
The following data will be your tactical map intel in full!
Lay of the Land:
If you recall “Black Tuesday” where Hardhat was previously set near when you encountered the first campaign in Modern Warfare 3. It was a few miles downtown at a construction site. This time around in Modern Warfare, Hardhat takes place at an Operor Construction site in London. At 10:35 a.m. both Allegiance and Coalition members will arrive on opposite ends in which to investigate the site. This is all thanks to an anonymous tip brought to their attention and this is where the fun begins.
It seems the tip was a false lead in order to distract the operators from the true objective. Or so we think, maybe there is something more to this construction site that might hide something else.
All the bells and whistles are here that you remember from hardhat. The big yellow bulldozer, the massive wall held up by support beams, a busy Central Building as well as the concrete pile that connects to the north side of the map to the south. Honestly I wished they added some environmental traps like using the bulldozer somehow that opens up another area. But that is asking to much, hell a gamer can dream!
Map Details Finally
Hardhat is a medium-small sized map that is suited for 6v6 playlists. Action will be fast-paced and take place within unfinished buildings, underneath scaffolding, and even in concrete pipes, but there are also multiple lines of sight that snipers can use to counter run-and-gun players.
The 13 distinct zones that this will contain!
1. Offices – Coalition Spawn
2. Elevator Structure
3. Support Beams
5. Scaffolds Building
6. Center Building
9. Concrete Formwork Building
11. Stairs Building
12. Cherry Picker
13. Containers Area – Allegiance Spawn
- “There’s a simplicity to war. Attacking is the only secret.” Aggressive players may yield the greatest results in Hardhat due to its small size. Always watch your six and check those corners, but don’t be afraid to be offensive and fight frequently.
- Find the High Ground. Mid to long-range weapons shine on sightlines that are amplified by taking some high ground. Whether it’s a stack of crates or a barrel that just gets you over a concrete wall, finding these lines of sight can help you counter overly aggressive shotgun and SMG users.
- An Open Concept. The partially built buildings leave room for Frags and other grenades to fly in from above. Learn where you can arc your equipment pieces to counter enemy players who seem to have locked down a lane or sightline.
- Take a Trip to the Bank. Following the previous tip, try using concrete pillars or the massive back wall outside of the Central Building to bank equipment pieces. Who knows? You may just get an incredible final Killcam with a well-placed Throwing Knife bank shot!
- You Can Wallbang That. Around the map, you may see light plywood or even fences covered with privacy screens. If you feel like an enemy may be on the other side within a lane, or have friends who just died to them, it may be worth taking a blind shot to see if you hit a “wall bang” – or a kill that goes through a penetrable object.
All extensive details in full can be seen on Activisions Blog which was shared with me by clicking here. Honestly my quick take on all this is that I am all for it and I am glad to see that Hardhat has returned, it was a fun map. I know there is a specific choke point that some might not find fun, but just work as a unit and you will be able to get through it just fine. However I leave the floor open to you. Which map would you like to see a return from any of the MW series? – Beast Out –