KINVOCA C25 Joycon Review
Can a third-party product be better than the first party one? Only sometimes this is a thing and this time I am checking out the KINVOCA C25 Joypads for the Nintendo Switch. The reason behind this purchase outside of buying a pro-controller. I didn’t want to have to lug that around as well as the joycons for my switch. The idea is to find joy-cons with a bitter interface and of course buttons like a proper D-Pad. Like any gamer, I went hunting and came across these interesting beauties.
KINVOCA C25’s Breakdown:
All right gamers let’s get the tech jargon out of the way with these features:
- Designed for Nintendo Switch/ Switch Lite: compatible with Switch version above 10.1.0; used independently in each hand or attached to console for a full-sized controller in handheld mode
- Macros & Turbo: programmable macros to record button combination as well as interval time; Turbo provides 25 shots/s
- Motion Control & Dual Shock: 6-Axis gyro for precise aiming and shooting; dual vibration for a compelling gaming experience
- Ergonomic & Long Time Playing: a streamlined design with convex joysticks and enhanced triggers; 300mAh built-in battery in each controller provides 10 hours gaming session
- Fast & Stable Connection: 33ft barrier-free transmitter distance with Bluetooth V2.1
How it Plays:
Honestly, there is a proper D-pad which is the big selling factor, but I will need to work on it a bit more. It feels a bit stiff, even though I do execute moves in fighting games well, it is not enough as I try to find the sweet spot in the controller. The best news is that it is comfortable in my hands and the motion controls work really well. Triggers function as they should and have a smoother feel. Now the extra features I will not be used in the Turbo and Macros buttons. That would be cheating and I hardly play any shump games anyway.
The downside is that I needed to get a custom case for it to fit into since the joypads are bulky. They will not fit in your normal Nintendo Switch case. All and all not bad and they come in two other colors. You can also charge them individually and it comes with a Joypad dock and double-headed type-C USB charging cable.
It has been a long time since I did a product review so this was genuinely fun. The KINVOCA C25 Joypads are not bad at all. It gives you a better experience and a better D-Pad for your fighting game fans. You will just have to find a proper case to hold your switch and the Joypads while docked.
In that, I give KINVOCA C25’s a 4 out of 5 beastly paws. You can see my video demonstration using the Joypads below and I hope you check them out for yourself by clicking here. I hope you enjoyed it and see you next time. – Beast Out –