Big Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite News and Reveal
What’s up everyone! ShadowJin here and Capcom has been gracious enough to give us a brand-new trailer featuring the remaining four characters that will complete the launch roster of characters! Those characters are Firebrand, Dormammu, Jedah and, Ghost Rider. Now granted the only new character in this set is Jedah. The rest being returning characters from Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Also revealed today were the offline and online features of the game. Plus, those who remember how bad Chun-Li’s face model was, it’s been fixed!
After finding out that these four characters are the last ones to reveal as far as launch characters, I’m not going to lie, I am a little let down. I’ve been going back and forth with myself and others about the roster. There are too many recycled characters but, at the same time, they’re not the same. They all have different moves and ways that they play. The only new character in this reveal is Jedah and he was shown off at EVO which was last month. Both Capcom and Marvel have a wide range of characters that have never been used in a game like this. However, who knows what characters will be included as DLC. So far, we know that Black Panther and Sigma are going to be 2 of the 6 DLC characters. I’m hoping for characters like Leon from the Resident Evil series, Asura from Asura’s Wrath, Venom from Spider-Man and maybe Loki from Thor. How awesome would it be to see Loki as a fighter? Pretty awesome if you ask me.
In this new trailer we see that amongst the chaos that Ultron Sigma has caused, Jedah has his own sinister plans. Then we see a couple of quick shots of Dormammu and Firebrand. I’m assuming these 3 must be working together or something. Then we see some of the heroes get sent back flying from a blast from Jedah. Out of nowhere Ghost Rider and Morrigan come charging from Jedah and he dodges them as Ghost Rider threatens to make him feel all the pain he’s caused. Now, as far as everything else that happens I won’t spoil it because you have to watch what happens and the things that show up. I’m very excited to see how epic this story.
Now, as far as modes and game content there seems to be a decent number of things to do on and offline.
Offline modes and features include:
- Story: You play through the story as the heroes of both universes to take down Ultron Sigma. The one responsible for this catastrophe!
- Arcade: Playthrough the classic arcade mode to keep winning and get to the final showdown with the final boss!
- Mission: Play through the tutorial to get a feel of the game and you can test yourself with advance character combo challenges.
- Training: This is where you can practice your set ups, character match ups, and figure out how you would like to play your dream team.
- VS Player 2: Fight against your friends or rivals locally and see who is the best.
- VS CPU: Fight against the AI in various different difficulty settings and test your skills.
- Collection: Dr. Light has been nice enough to share his database with us! Here you’ll find cutscenes from the story, artwork, info and audio tracks for the characters and stages.
Online modes and features include:
- Ranked Match: Fight against other players around the world and see where you rank among the best!
- Casual Match: Play against other players without your ranking being affected.
- Beginning League: A brand-new special league for players who are ranked 14 and lower and are just learning the game.
- Lobby: Create or search for lobbies of up to 8 players where you can fight it out simultaneously with one another.
- Rankings: See where you rank in the leaderboards against the world and what others rank at as well.
- Replay settings: View replays and configure the replay settings
Although there are some things left to be desired, the game overall is looking great. I’m excited to see what the future of this game is going to be like. With DLC characters and balance change patches, this game is only going to get better. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite comes out on PS4, Xbox One, and Steam September 19th. Let us know in the comment section what you’re interested to see in this next big hit.
Till next Ladies and Gents and remember….GAME ON!